11 Items in Your House That Could Be Fatal To You And Your Family

11 Items in Your House That Could Be Fatal To You And Your Family

We all like to shop for the best brands for your house, but sometimes the best brands are anything but the best. It doesn’t matter how much you paid for it, or what name it has on it . Some products have some really dangerous chemicals that can actually be deadly for the long run. Here are 11 items that you have in your house that can be deadly to you.


1) Non-stick cookware:

We all want to have healthy food, it is one of our main purposes. The non-stick cookware is great, It will keep your food safe from the burn and it will save you time from scrubbing all that from your pan. But it is toxic. Its is made of polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), which is a synthetic material that releases toxic gases when it heats up. When reaching high temperature, it will release toxin right into your food. This may cause lots of deadly diseases, such as cancer and also organ failure, and many more. The best way to avoid this, is simply by getting a good cast iron skillet instead. It is much more healthier, and it will come handy in more than one occasion.


2) Antibacterial soap:

We all been there, trying to get the best brand for antibacterial soap not aware of its danger. Antibacterial soap actually may do more harm than good. This type of soap has triclosan and triclocarban, (which also can be found in deodorant, sponges, toothpaste, cutting boards, and even shoes, towels and clothes) which actually create antibiotic-resistant bacteria, or “super-bugs” that your body can’t fight. It can affects breast cancer cells, interfere with children’s developing immune system, and more than 90% of breast feeding mothers had triclosan in their milk. Don’t you think it is time to go for triclosan-free soaps and hand washes.


3) Batteries:

Batteries are essential in every home, and a lot of us can’t function without them. But that doesn’t mean they are not dangerous. They contain lead and acid. Both lethal if swallowed, handled, played with, or disposed in some inconvenient way. So if you have any batteries in your home, make sure they are in some safe place far away from kids’ reach.


4) Lead dishes:

Lead is harmful, dangerous, fatal, deadly, toxic. Choose whatever scares you the most. Lead can actually damage vision, stunt growth, and even cause permanent brain damage. Scared yet? A lot of dishes nowadays has some lead in it. It can be for decoration or it can be for dishes we actually use for food. When food gets in contact with lead dishes, lead actually transfer to our food. The problem with lead dishes, is that you cannot tell for sure which dishes have it and which don’t. But you better stay far away from brightly colored dishes or decorations on the food-bearing part of the dish and terra cotta pottery.


5) BPA plastics:

Bisphenol A or BPA is a synthetic chemical compound found in water bottles, sippy cups food storage containers and baby bottles. It behaves similar to estrogen and other body hormones and it an actually interfere with endocrine function, it can cause reproductive disorders, as well as heart disease, and some cancers. The BPA can be deadly to small kids and babies especially when exposed to the sun or heated in the microwave. The best choice is to go for BPA-free reusable bottles, glass containers, and stainless steel water bottles.


6) Shampoo and lotion:

A lot of shampoos and lotions nowadays have parabens, which is a chemical that prevent bacteria from growing. It can be very dangerous because it can mimic hormones in the body and disrupt functions of the endocrine system. And a high lifelong exposure to estrogen can increase breast cancer risk. I think it is time to change for a paraben-free shampoo and lotion.


7) Air fresheners:

Air fresheners as well as other conventional cleaning supplies contain toxins and can aggravate the respiratory system. There two things you can do to keep your home safe from harm. One, go for air fresheners that are phthalates-free that can cause hormonal abnormalities, reproductive problems, and birth defects. Second, try homemade air fresheners. You can try water, cinnamon, and cloves. This will keep your home safe as well as give you a natural scent.


8) Hair dye:

Studies have shown that hair dye products have more than 5,000 different chemicals. If that doesn’t scare you, i don’t know what can. Some of these chemicals are linked to risks of blood and bone marrow cancers, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, and leukemia. So next time you want to dye your hair, go for  a more natural hair dye.


9) Lint in the dryer:

Lint that accumulate inside your dryer may be the cause of unwanted fire. Make sure to remove the lint that builds up in your dryer after every use. If your dryer is very old, then you better check its cabinet and venting system, because Lint can actually block air flow.


10) House hold cleaners:

Almost every store in America has cleaners that contain ammonia. Which make us exposed to ammonia from breathing its gas or vapors. Once it enters our body it reacts with water to produce ammonium hydroxide, which is a very corrosive chemical. It can damage cells in the body, and it is linked to liver and kidney damage. Make sure to switch to non-toxic,  natural cleaners, or you can always make your own.


11) Fragrances:

fragrances can contain more than 40 chemicals, and the most shocking is that, a lot of those chemicals are not even listed on the label. So next time you think about getting a new fragrance make sure you know what is made of. It may be hard to let go of our favorite scents, but when you have to choose between your health, the health of your family and some nice fragrance, i’m sure you will do the right thing. There is some alternative way to keep your body fresh and smelling good. You could simply apply some natural oils to your neck and you will stay healthy as well as smelling wonderful.

Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on TumblrPin on PinterestDigg thisShare on RedditShare on VKBuffer this pageShare on StumbleUpon