The Ultimate Shoes Buying Guide
All women love shoes; all women love to buy shoes. Some buy them depending on style, others on comfort. Whatever shoes you are looking for,this buying guide will help you determine what is the best pair of shoes you need in your life.
Before heading to the market to buy a new pair of shoes you need to determine what type are you looking for. Women’s shoes are generally divided into the following categories: athletic, boots, bridal, casual, dress, heels, flats, sandals and business. Make sure to choose your shoes depending on the occasion you want it for.
When buying boots make sure they are flattering and also comfortable. You can choose different length,different looks depending on your style.Knee boots are always a good choice, they are easy to wear and they give you a classy fashionable look. Remember to purchase boots that will make your feet appear narrower.
There so many choices when it comes to shopping for heels, to make the task easy make sure to know all your options.
- If you are short then stay away from t-straps and ankle straps to avoid cutting off the leg and make it look even shorter; go for ankle strap to give your thick ankles a narrow look.
- If you are looking for a stunning and comfortable heels to have a businesslike overall look, then thicker heels is your new best friend. The thicker the better.
- If you are short then you might think that the longer the heel the taller you will look, well that’s wrong. If you buy four inches heel or more your calf muscles will flex too much and make you look shorter than you already are. Note that a pointy-toed shoes will give you the illusion of extra height
- Toe shape is very important so if you have petite feet then a tapered toe will be just fine for you, but if you have large feet then a tapered toe shoes will force your toes into a wedge position that compromises foot health, form, and function. The best choice is to go for an oval-shaped toe or a square toe, it will keep your feet comfortable and make them look smaller.
Flats can be easy on your feet. They can give you the freedom to move around easily, and the best thing about them is that, they can be worn with almost everything. But to prevent calf muscles from becoming overstretched and weak you better get flats with some lift. A half- or one-inch heel gives necessary support to keep your feet healthy.
When shopping for sandals make sure to have the right size for your feet; buying a smaller size will make your feet burst out of the sandals, giving you a trashy look.
Oxfords and loafers:
Oxfords and loafers have a beautiful look. You can choose different styles but you’ll always be satisfied with it. With pants or skirts, they can give you a hip look.
If you are an active woman, then athletic shoes are the one for you. Make sure to buy the right type according on your activity, to avoid bruises and injuries. If you want shoes for your everyday casual clothing, then go for an athletic-inspired shoes.
- Feet tend to swell during the day and are at their largest during late afternoon, keep that in mind while shopping for shoes and go late in the afternoon.
- For most people, one foot is slightly larger than the other one. So remember to try both shoes on to see if they both fit.
- Another major factor are SOCKS. People tend to forget that. So next time you consider buying new shoes, make sure to take a slightly larger one for your socks,or you can try the new shoes with your socks on to avoid any inconvenience.
- Measure your feet to find your size. Measuring your own feet is not a hard task, you only need to tape a piece of paper to the floor and trace your foot with a pen or pencil perpendicular to the floor while you sit in a chair with your foot flat on the floor. Remember to measure both feet. Once you have both measurements, subtract 3/16 of an inch from both measurements to account for the space between your foot and the pencil mark. Finally find your U.S. women’s shoe size, you can find different charts and International Shoe Sizing Conversion Guide online.